15 Nov - Encouraged & Inspired

I've been scouring the web to find out what's happening in the world of volunteering and I am just amazed at the large numbers of opportunities out there, and thoroughly inspired by what other people are doing. I've started a list of links to share my favorites with you and highly recommend you take a look or have a listen. It's not important to have an original idea, and if you hear something you like, make it happen in your area.

Several cool things have happened this week:
1. These beautiful "Serenity" posters were donated by LA artist Anthony Satori as an incentive for people to donate $25 or more.

2. I was inspired by the Big Vision podcast interview with Kiva.org and now your donations will be twice as effective. There will be times (like now while we're fundraising) that donations will be accumulating, so rather than let them sit there I'll be putting most of the money through the Kiva micro-loan program before using them for Volunteerevolution.

3. Due in part to some comments on my mention on the Grassroots Channel I'm cutting my personal fundraising target in half, and I'll be doing the work whether the money arrives or not. I will also continue to look for more creative ways to use the donations to get the most benefit from them.

It's great getting your emails, and I'd love to see some comments on the blog. Positive feedback is always encouraging and less-than-positive feedback is what keeps me accountable and improving on the ideas here.

No comments: